Friday, September 4, 2009

Our Little Miracle

Caleb and I wanted to thank everyone for all of your sweet prayers that you have prayed for Isabelle. As most of you already know Isabelle has been very sick these past couple of weeks, She was diagnosed with Viral Meningitis-Encephalitis which caused her to have a Seizure. It all happened so fast, two Thursdays ago we went to our pediatrician for an appointment because Isabelle was running 102.7 fever, the doctor drew blood and said it was a typical virus, no big deal. She sent us home with instructions to alternate Tylenol and Motrin for the fever, and just to let her rest. Other than the fever Isabelle seemed to be doing fine, then on Saturday I noticed that she still had fever and was really, really sleepy all day. So I called our pediatrician to see what she would recommend and she suggested that she might be dehydrated, not to worry. Well the next thing we knew we were the Lake Village ER, Isabelle is having a seizure and we are waiting for a helicopter to fly us to Children's Hospital in Little Rock. When we arrived in Little Rock they ran many, many test to find out the sickness. To treat the virus Isabelle would have to complete 21 days of Acyclovir antibiotic. After 6 LONG nights in the hospital Isabelle was recovering so well that the doctors thought she would be better finishing her treatment at home. I never thought that I would be so excited to be heading back to Lake Village AR! So 1 PICC line(a home IV) later and we were back to our favorite place..........home! Isabelle is receiving her treatments through her PICC line 3 times a day at 6 am, 2 pm and 10 pm. Only 8 more days to go!
Thanks to many, many prayers and support from our family and friends, Isabelle is healing perfectly! She is such a strong little girl and she is a miracle! She is back walking everywhere, talking all the time and smiling big! We are so blessed! We could have never made it through this difficult journey without the love of our family and friends. Thank you again!
God gave us our sweet little Isabelle back, and we thank him every day for that gift. This is the smile that we prayed so hard for to see again!



12 comments:

The Rhea Family said...

Very happy to hear that y'all are back home. We've been thinking about y'all. The pictures of her darling smile made my day. Hope to see you all very soon!

Ashley Bray said...

It is so hard to see our little ones sick and even more so when they have tubes going in/out of their little bodies. I am so glad to hear Isabelle is doing better and you are being a great nurse!! We continue to pray for her every day.

Lynn Kate Johnson said...

Katie, I have been so worried about yall. So happy Isabelle is doing better. Sarah kept me updated on everything. Let me know if we can do anything. LKJ

erica said...

That smile made my day we are so thankful for her. Katie I am so overjoyed how well she has done, and how strong her little will is. We will continue to pray that her health improves everyday. and yes what a miracle she is. We love you guys.

Sarah Beth and Cullen Kovac said...

So happy things are better and returning to normal. We were all praying for you. The LORD still performs miracles, you have one you can hug!

The Fab Five said...

oh Katie!!! i had no idea!! I'm so glad hse is getting better. Bless her sweet heart!

Daniel and Becky Pieroni said...

Oh that baby is too precious. So glad ya'll are back home and she picked up right where she left off...I know Sammy and Hank were worried sick too I bet. We'll get together soon!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about y'all since I read about it on Jess's blog. I am so happy Isabelle is doing well - she is a precious miracle!! xoxo

The Sabbatinis said...

It looks like Isabelle is gettting back to her old self pretty quick!!! God truly answered our prayers for her!! I love the pics!! Hank and Sammy better watch out!!Call if you need anything!=)

Kelly and Chris Boyett said...

What a Miracle she is! I am so glad she was able to come home to finish her treatment. She looks like she's doing more than great in those beautiful pictures. She's looks like such a happy child. I continue to pray for her complete healing.

Carey said...

Praise the Lord!!! That is all I can say...Katie, I talked to Jess and Ms. Shellie often through this whole ordeal and Phillip and I prayed for your sweet girl so many times. I know that must have felt like a nightmare, but I know you felt the strength and peace that only our sweet Savior can provide! Isabelle is a ray of sunshine, that smile is precious!!
luv yall!

Emily Holleman said...

Love y'all so much! I am overjoyed to see her smiling face. Prayer is powerful. During times of trials I am more thankful than ever to be a part of "the Lake Providence Family." Countless prayers were sent up for that sweet girl. God is Good!